Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 7 (Apr-18) : The Submarine

 So many things to tell!!

 I cannot fit all of it in this place. We saw the India’s one and only submarine museum. Wow that was so cool! The sailors in the sub must be under constant stress. The place is so cramped, and to keep 75 crew members in it! Those guys must be living on sheer willpower in that place. We also visited the naval war museum. Vizag is a very clean and tidy city. I wish most of the Indian cities were like this.

As mentioned earlier, my two sisters Sharmila and Anuradha gifted two English rock music CDs. The fun part about these is that I cannot understand a word in the music though my father seems to recognize a few of those from his college days! But, the music itself gives a different mood to the atmosphere.

We left for Aruku hills after lunch. It is a small valley with the Borra caves close by. The drive was long, confusing and tiring. But most of all, enjoyable.


Waves on Vizag beach



Outside the submarine museum



Inside the submarine



A Dragon statue by the side of road



Taking a break on the road to Araku

3 comments:

  1. Good job Dhruv .. by following your blog, I can visualize the places in my mind .. you write so well..keep it up ..
    Vasudha

    ReplyDelete